Since the EOL of Windows Server 2012 R2 has been announced, it is time to upgrade the OS of the System Center products to Server 2016. In this post, I will show the steps for in-place upgrade of SCO management server (1807) which has all the Orchestrator services.
The OS upgrade is straight forward and may take up to 90 minutes depending on your environment.
- Stop all running runbooks including Monitor Runbooks.
- Stop all Orchestrator services.
- Orchestrator Management Service
- Orchestrator Remoting Service
- Orchestrator Runbook Server Monitor
- Orchestrator Runbook Service
- Insert the Windows Server 2016 ISO and start the upgrade process.
- After the upgrade is completed, restart the server.
- Start all Orchestrator services.
- Start all Monitor runbooks.
- Open the Runbook Designer and check if all monitor runbooks are running.
- If you have Service Manager integration, check the Orchestrator Connector in Service Manager and try syncing manually. And verify that all imported runbooks in Service Manager are valid.
- Check Event Logs for any errors.