In this post, I will show the steps for in-place upgrade of Service Manager management server (1801) OS from Microsoft Server 2012 R2 to 2016.
The OS upgrade is straight forward and may take up to 90 minutes depending on your environment.
- Stop all Service Manager services.
- Microsoft Monitoring Agent
- System Center Data Access Service
- System Center Management Configuration
- Insert the Windows Server 2016 ISO and start the upgrade process.
- After the upgrade is completed, restart the server.
- Start all Service Manager services.
- Open the Service Manager console and check if all work items, connectors…etc are ok.
- Check Event Logs for any errors.