When you are upgrading Windows 10 using Servicing Feature in SCCM, you may get failure as below related to the incompatible software.
Because the UI is not available during the upgrade, you cannot know which software causes the error.
In order to find out the incompatible software, do the following in the client computer.
- First of all, make sure you enable the display of hidden files and folders from Folder Settings.
- Go to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther and search for “CompatData”.
- Locate the latest xml file.
- Open the file and look for the incompatible program(s).
Uninstall the program(s) and restart your computer.
Before you retry the deployment, do the following:
- Empty the SCCM Cache
- Delete the content of C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder
- Delete the C:\$WINDOWS.~BT folder (hidden)
- Initiate a Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle and Software Update Scan Cycle
The deployment from SCCM Software Center will kick off right after.