In-console upgrade of SCCM 1810 is finally available. As best practice, it is always recommended to run the prerequisite check before you install the upgrade directly.
The prerequisite check will take quite some time to complete. For 1810, it gave a warning message. To find out the alert message, click on Show Status.
Right click and choose Show Status.
The warning message is about TLS 1.2 support.
As described by Microsoft, we need to install SQL Server Native Client which has TLS 1.2 support. According to the version of your SQL server, download the related update from this link.
After the installation, rerun the prerequisite check. The warning message will not be displayed anymore.
- Review the version of the Windows ADK for Windows 10
- Review SQL Server Native Client version
- Install all applicable critical Windows updates
- Disable site maintenance tasks at each site
- Backup Site Server
- Delete Aged Client Operations
- Delete Aged Discovery Data
- Temporarily stop any antivirus software
- Create a backup of the site database
- Confirm version and restart (if necessary)
- Update Configuration Manager consoles
- Reconfigure any disabled maintenance tasks
- Update clients (automatic client upgrade)
- Update custom boot images and media