If you are planning to move the Service Manager database, you should also need to move the Cireson Service Desk Portal to the same instance.
- Stop the Cache Builder service and Platform Cache service.
- Stop the IIS application pool and website hosting the Cireson portal.
- Back up the ServiceManagement database.
- Restore it in the new SQL instance of Service Manager.
- Run the installer for the Cireson Portal again pointing to the new SQL server\instance when prompted.
- Verify the connection strings have been updated appropriately in the Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config file.
- Ensure the cache builder service, application pool, and website have successfully started.