In this post, I will show the steps for in-place upgrade of Service Manager Data Warehouse management server (2019) OS from Microsoft Server 2016 to 2019.
The OS upgrade is straight forward and may take up to 90 minutes depending on your environment.
- Stop all Data Warehouse jobs.
- Stop all Service Manager services.
- Microsoft Monitoring Agent
- System Center Data Access Service
- System Center Management Configuration
- Insert the Windows Server 2019 ISO and start the upgrade process.
- After the upgrade is completed, restart the server.
- Start all Service Manager services.
- Start all Data Warehouse jobs.
- Check Event Logs for any errors.